

I'm sure someone out there may be able to tell me where the tradition of coloring Easter eggs came from. Seems silly to me when you think about it. But whatever it takes to make a tradition of getting together with family and the kids is worth while. We don't have many traditions in our family other than go for a drive on Conference weekends, eat Chinese food on Christmas night, and color Easter Eggs with Rick and Carol. I think we've only done it a few times now but the kids love any reason to get together with Rick and Carol.

This year we tried our hands at tie dye and silly faced eggs. We ended up coloring 46 eggs in all. Again, who came up with this idea? What do you do with that many hard boiled eggs after you colored them? They stink up the fridge, no one here really likes hard boiled eggs, and did I mention they stink up the fridge? If we can make it one more day some of the eggs may go into a rokott krumpli but I don't know what to do with the other 43 eggs. If anyone out there has any suggestions, let me know.

Anyway, Erin and Amanda had a great time coloring the eggs. Two side notes. 1 - pictured you will see the first time in I don't know how many months, Erin actually wearing pants. We actually got here to wear overalls to go to Amanda's soccer game with me and she almost kept them on for the entire day. 2 - Not pictured, Rick may have created the first and only decorated egg of the Iron man triathlon. It was complete with the swim, bike, run, and Iron man logos.

Happy Easter.
2 comments:
If you're only putting 3 eggs in Rakott Krumpli, there is something wrong with your recipe Scott! Of course we may not be talking about the same thing. I never had "Rokott Krumpli".
Rokott, rakott, tomatoes, tamatos. Legyal kidves. Az ain Magyar nem yo. Just kidding. Its only been 14 years out of practice. Give me a little slack. Nem vagyok a profi a magyar nyelvemmel.
I guess if I wanted to share any of the rakott krumpli I would need more than a couple of the eggs. Thanks, Dora.
Post a Comment