I have a confession to make. I've been sick for about the last week. (That's not the confession.) When your sick you don't feel like doing much. So there's usually a lot of daytime TV that gets watched on the first day that just makes you want to go back to work. So you go back to work the next day and find out your body isn't ready to go back to work and you end up taking another day off. You try to watch a movie or two that you've been wanting to catch up on.
Here's an alternative. Sure, reading a book, scriptures, or some other hobby might be more constructive. But (here's the confession) I've put in numerous hours watching Top Gear on youtube over the last couple of days. For those that don't know Top Gear is a british TV series on BBC America about cars. My brother Ed showed us this show once last year and I can't seem to get enough. We don't have BBC America so we resort to the wonderful youtube or you can go to their website. http://www.topgear.com/us/videos
I've put some youtube spots on the sidebar as well. Where else can you see guys launch cars like darts, race old mini-vans, play soccer with Minis, take a scary road trip through the south, race a bullet train through Japan, or ride Vespas through Vietnam. The outcome is hilarious. It by far is the best thing on TV, or the internet if you don't have the channel.
Even if you don't have apassion for cars, the presentation is great. Next time you are sick or just have time to kill, direct your youtube search to top gear usa, or top gear viet nam. It has some definite laugh out loud moments.
- Scott
2 comments:
After seeing those clips on your blog a few weeks ago, we looked them up. They are funny. Those guys have to be somewhat insane.
On my last trip, the hotel we were staying at did not have BBC America and I couldn't watch my Monday night show. I was missing it almost as much as I was missing wife and home. That must mean I'm a fan. Thanks for the reminder about the web site. Maybe I can catch the replay there.
Post a Comment